DIY SUPER FLY NECKLACE TUTORIAL
Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Citrus, Ginger, Sail Boat Blue
Revlon Nail Buffer
1. Gather all materials & tools listed above to complete this project.
2. Using the Euro Shears trim about 4mm off one end of the Raw Brass Rectangle Blank. Removing 2 of the 4 holes.
3. Sand all sharp edges with the steel wool so they lay smooth.
4. Adhere the letters - FLY - to the Raw Brass Rectangle Blank using the E6000 glue. Be careful it comes out fast and you only need a small amount to secure the letters in place.
5. Let the glue dry.
6. Using your Adirondack Alcohol Inks drop a small amount of ink on the Raw Brass Rectangle Blank & Letters. Let each color dry before adding another. Use the paint brush to help travel the color along the metal.
7. Continue to play with the inks on the metal until you achieve your best results.
8. Let the inks dry.
9. Once the inks are completely dry, apply a small amount of rennaiasance wax over the top of the metal.
10. Wait and let the renaissance wax dry.
11. Again once dry, take the Revlon nail buffer and buff the top of the metal to seal the colorant and give it a matte finish.
12. Attach the ends of the 36" Brass Chain to the holes in the rectangle using the 4mm jump rings. Click here to learn how to properly open a jump ring.
13. Attach the AP Tiny Birdie Charm to the chain with a jump ring.
14. Your project is now complete...Now go off & show the world your materpiece!